Monday, April 7, 2014

Current State of [Master Bedroom] Affairs

Walls are painted and pictures were finally taken!


As you may have noticed, there have been a few additions made in here as well. Like the fact that we have a bed, nightstands, and table lamps. Cullen's crib is assembled, and we even have some curtains. Hooray!


At the same time, we have a ways to go until we reach the overall look of my inspirational mood board, but I feel pretty good that we are continuing to make progress and check items off the ol' to-do list:

- paint the walls with the base color
- tape off and paint stripes on the wall behind the headboard
- use existing headboard to mimic the tufted inspiration piece
- find night stands and table lamps
- purchase and assemble crib
- make a mobile to hang above Cullen's crib
- find and hang curtains
- find and hang mirror or other art for above headboard
- find/make console table for under TV? (This hinges on whether we actually decide to put a TV in here.)
- find/make bedding
- make a bed skirt
- finish nightstands (paint and/or stain)
- add a few colorful pillows to the bed
- add crown molding
- trim the windows
- swap out brass hinges and door knobs

A few to-do items have also been added to the master list. However, this may still be the first "complete" space in the house! I mean, at least we have all of the main pieces and everything else is just an enhancement from here.

I have to admit that I have not yet even begun to tackle the stripe wall. I'm first trying to prep myself for potential frustration there. The next thing that I must do, is make a bed skirt. If you look really closely at the bottom of this next picture, you can see the junk currently under our bed.


You can also see where Justin (hubs) and Cullen lounged on the bed during my little photo session and I forgot to smooth out the comforter again. Whoops!

Overall, I am super happy with the changes that we have made so far.


The  before and after shot above really show how much more "us" the room now feels. It's amazing what a can of paint can do. 

Tell me, what is your "go-to" color that makes you feel more at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment